Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Supplications from the Prophets of Allah

List of supplications made by the Prophets of Allah Azza Wajal and some

people in reference to the Glorious Quran.



Prophet Muhammed Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam



"My Lord! Increase me in knowledge."[20:114]



رَبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْمًا



"My Lord! Forgive and have mercy, for You are the Best of those who show mercy!"[23:118]



رَبِّ اغْفِرْ وَارْحَمْ وَأَنْتَ خَيْرُ الرَّاحِمِينَ



"My Lord! I seek refuge with You from the whisperings of the Shayâtin. And I seek refuge with You, My Lord! lest they (should come near) me."[23:97-98]



رَبِّ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ هَمَزَاتِ الشَّيَاطِينِ . وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ رَبِّ أَنْ يَحْضُرُونِ



"Our Lord! Give us in this world that which is good and in the Hereafter that which is good, and save us from the torment of the Fire!". [02:201]

رَبَّنَا آتِنَا فِي الدُّنْيَا حَسَنَةً وَفِي الآخِرَةِ حَسَنَةً وَقِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ



"Our Lord! Avert from us the torment of Hell. Verily! Its torment is ever an inseparable, permanent punishment. Evil indeed it (Hell) is as an abode and as a place to rest in."[25:65-66]



رَبَّنَا اصْرِفْ عَنَّا عَذَابَ جَهَنَّمَ إِنَّ عَذَابَهَا كَانَ غَرَامًا إِنَّهَا سَاءَتْ مُسْتَقَرًّا وَمُقَامًا



"Our Lord! Bestow on us from our wives and our offspring the comfort of our eyes, and make us leaders for the Muttaqûn"[25:74]



رَبَّنَا هَبْ لَنَا مِنْ أَزْوَاجِنَا وَذُرِّيَّاتِنَا قُرَّةَ أَعْيُنٍ وَاجْعَلْنَا لِلْمُتَّقِينَ إِمَامًا



"My Lord! Grant me the power and ability that I may be grateful for Your Favour which You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents, and that I may do righteous good deeds, such as please You, and make my off-spring good. Truly, I have turned to You in repentance, and truly, I am one of the Muslim"[46:15]



رَبِّ أَوْزِعْنِي أَنْ أَشْكُرَ نِعْمَتَكَ الَّتِي أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيَّ وَعَلَى وَالِدَيَّ وَأَنْ أَعْمَلَ صَالِحًا تَرْضَاهُ وَأَصْلِحْ لِي فِي ذُرِّيَّتِي إِنِّي تُبْتُ إِلَيْكَ وَإِنِّي مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِينَ



"Our Lord! Forgive us and our brethren who have preceded us in Faith, and put not in our hearts any hatred against those who have believed. Our Lord! You are indeed full of kindness, Most Merciful."[59:10]



رَبَّنَا اغْفِرْ لَنَا وَلإِخْوَانِنَا الَّذِينَ سَبَقُونَا بِالإِيمَانِ وَلاَ تَجْعَلْ فِي قُلُوبِنَا غِلّاً لِلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا رَبَّنَا إِنَّكَ رَءُوفٌ رَحِيمٌ



“Our Lord, perfect for us our light, and forgive us. Indeed you are powerful over every thing.”[66:8]

رَبَّنَا أَتْمِمْ لَنَا نُورَنَا وَاغْفِرْ لَنَا إِنَّكَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ



"Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate (from the truth) after You have guided us, and grant us mercy from You. Truly, You are the Bestower,"Our Lord! Verily, it is You Who will gather mankind together on the Day about which there is no doubt. Verily, Allâh never breaks His Promise,"[03:8-9]



رَبَّنَا لاَ تُزِغْ قُلُوبَنَا بَعْدَ إِذْ هَدَيْتَنَا وَهَبْ لَنَا مِنْ لَدُنْكَ رَحْمَةً إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ الْوَهَّابُ

رَبَّنَا إِنَّكَ جَامِعُ النَّاسِ لِيَوْمٍ لاَ رَيْبَ فِيهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لاَ يُخْلِفُ الْمِيعَادَ



"Our Lord! You have not created (all) this without purpose, glory to You! . Give us salvation from the torment of the Fire. [03:191]

رَبَّنَا مَا خَلَقْتَ هَذَا بَاطِلاً سُبْحَانَكَ فَقِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ



"Our Lord! We believe; so write us down among the witnesses."[05:83]



رَبَّنَا آمَنَّا فَاكْتُبْنَا مَعَ الشَّاهِدِينَ



“As for me, my Lord has guided me to a straight path, the straight religion, the faith of Ibrahim who was upright and was not of those who associate partners with Allah" [6:161]



رَبِّي إِلَى صِرَاطٍ مُسْتَقِيمٍ دِينًا قِيَمًا مِلَّةَ إِبْرَاهِيمَ حَنِيفًا وَمَا كَانَ مِنْ الْمُشْرِكِينَ



“My prayer, my offering, my life and my death are for Allah, the Lord of all the worlds. For Him there is no partner. And thus I have been commanded, and I am the first one to submit.”[6:162-163]



إِنَّ صَلاَتِي وَنُسُكِي وَمَحْيَاي وَمَمَاتِي لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ . لاَ شَرِيكَ لَهُ وَبِذَلِكَ أُمِرْتُ وَأَنَا أَوَّلُ الْمُسْلِمِينَ



Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the Worlds. The Most Gracious, the Most Merciful. Master of the, Day of Judgment. You alone do we worship, and from You alone do we seek help. Guide us to the Straight Way. The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not of those who earned Your Anger, nor of those who went astray.[01:1-7]



بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيم . الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ . الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيمِ . مَالِكِ يَوْمِ الدِّينِ . إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وَإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ . اهْدِنَا الصِّرَاطَ الْمُسْتَقِيمَ . صِرَاطَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِمْ غَيْرِ الْمَغْضُوبِ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلاَ الضَّالِّينَ



"We make no distinction (they say) between one and another of His Messengers." And they say: "We hear and we obey; (We seek) Thy forgiveness, Our Lord, and to Thee is the end of all journeys.""Our Lord! condemn us not if we forget or fall into error; our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which Thou didst lay on those before us; Our Lord! lay not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Blot out our sins and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. Thou art our Protector; help us against those who stand against faith."[02:285-286]



لاَ نُفَرِّقُ بَيْنَ أَحَدٍ مِنْ رُسُلِهِ وَقَالُوا سَمِعْنَا وَأَطَعْنَا غُفْرَانَكَ رَبَّنَا وَإِلَيْكَ الْمَصِيرُ

رَبَّنَا لاَ تُؤَاخِذْنَا إِنْ نَسِينَا أَوْ أَخْطَأْنَا رَبَّنَا وَلاَ تَحْمِلْ عَلَيْنَا إِصْرًا كَمَا حَمَلْتَهُ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِنْ قَبْلِنَا رَبَّنَا وَلاَ تُحَمِّلْنَا مَا لاَ طَاقَةَ لَنَا بِهِ وَاعْفُ عَنَّا وَاغْفِرْ لَنَا وَارْحَمْنَا أَنْتَ مَوْلاَنَا فَانصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ



“Our Lord, whomsoever You admit into the Fire, he is disgraced by You indeed, and for the unjust there are no supporters. Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one (Muhammad SAW) calling to Faith: ‘Believe in your Lord,’ and we have believed. Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die along with Al-Abrâr (the pious) [03:191]



رَبَّنَا إِنَّكَ مَنْ تُدْخِلْ النَّارَ فَقَدْ أَخْزَيْتَهُ وَمَا لِلظَّالِمِينَ مِنْ أَنْصَارٍ

رَبَّنَا إِنَّنَا سَمِعْنَا مُنَادِيًا يُنَادِي لِلإِيمَانِ أَنْ آمِنُوا بِرَبِّكُمْ فَآمَنَّا رَبَّنَا

فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَكَفِّرْ عَنَّا سَيِّئَاتِنَا وَتَوَفَّنَا مَعَ الأَبْرَارِ



"Our Lord, give us what You have promised us through Your messengers, and do not put us to disgrace on the Day of Judgement. Surely you do not go back on Your promise.”[03:194]



رَبَّنَا وَآتِنَا مَا وَعَدْتَنَا عَلَى رُسُلِكَ وَلاَ تُخْزِنَا يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ إِنَّكَ لاَ تُخْلِفُ الْمِيعَادَ



"I seek refuge with (Allâh) the Lord of the daybreak, From the evil of what He has created; And from the evil of the darkening (night) as it comes with its darkness; And from the evil of those who practise witchcrafts when they blow in the knots, And from the evil of the envier when he envies."[113:1-5]



قُلْ أَعُوذُ بِرَبِّ الْفَلَقِ . مِنْ شَرِّ مَا خَلَقَ . وَمِنْ شَرِّ غَاسِقٍ إِذَا وَقَبَ . وَمِنْ شَرِّ النَّفَّاثَاتِ فِي الْعُقَدِ . وَمِنْ شَرِّ حَاسِدٍ إِذَا حَسَدَ



Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of mankind, The Sovereign of mankind. The God of mankind, From the evil of the retreating whisperer - Who whispers [evil] into the breasts of mankind - From among the jinn and mankind."[114:1-6]



قُلْ أَعُوذُ بِرَبِّ النَّاسِ . مَلِكِ النَّاسِ . إِلَهِ النَّاسِ . مِنْ شَرِّ الْوَسْوَاسِ الْخَنَّاسِ . الَّذِي يُوَسْوِسُ فِي صُدُورِ النَّاسِ . مِنْ الْجِنَّةِ وَالنَّاسِ



For the parents:

“My Lord, be merciful to them as they have brought me up in my childhood.”[17:24]



رَّبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا

When a calamity befalls:

"Truly! To Allâh we belong and truly, to Him we shall return."[2:156]



إِنَّا لِلَّهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ





Prophet Adam & Eve [pbut]



"Our Lord! We have wronged ourselves. If You forgive us not, and bestow not upon us Your Mercy, we shall certainly be of the losers." [ 07"23]



رَبَّنَا ظَلَمْنَا أَنفُسَنَا وَإِنْ لَمْ تَغْفِرْ لَنَا وَتَرْحَمْنَا لَنَكُونَنَّ مِنْ الْخَاسِرِينَ





Prophet Nuh [pbuh]



"O my Lord! Help me: for that they accuse me of falsehood!" [23:26]



رَبِّ انصُرْنِي بِمَا كَذَّبُونِ



"My Lord! Verily, my people have belied me.Therefore judge You between me and them, and save me and those of the believers who are with me." [26:117-118]



رَبِّ إِنَّ قَوْمِي كَذَّبُو. نِفَافْتَحْ بَيْنِي وَبَيْنَهُمْ فَتْحًا وَنَجِّنِي وَمَنْ مَعِي مِنْ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ



"I have been overcome, so help (me)!" [54:10]



رَبَّهُ أَنِّي مَغْلُوبٌ فَانْتَصِرْ



"My Lord! Leave not one of the disbelievers on the earth!. If You leave them, they will mislead Your slaves, and they will beget none but wicked disbelievers. [71:26-27]



رَبِّ لاَ تَذَرْ عَلَى الأَرْضِ مِنْ الْكَافِرِينَ دَيَّارًا. إِنَّكَ إِنْ تَذَرْهُمْ يُضِلُّوا عِبَادَكَ وَلاَ يَلِدُوا إِلاَّ فَاجِرًا كَفَّارًا



"My Lord! Forgive me, and my parents, and him who enters my home as a believer, and all the believing men and women. And to the Zâlimûn (polytheists, wrong-doers, and disbelievers) grant You no increase but destruction!" [71:28]



رَبِّ اغْفِرْ لِي وَلِوَالِدَيَّ وَلِمَنْ دَخَلَ بَيْتِي مُؤْمِنًا وَلِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَالْمُؤْمِنَاتِ وَلاَ تَزِدْ الظَّالِمِينَ إِلاَّ تَبَارًا



"O my Lord! I seek refuge with You from asking You that of which I have no knowledge. And unless You forgive me and have Mercy on me, I will indeed be one of the losers." [11:47]



رَبِّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ أَنْ أَسْأَلَكَ مَا لَيْسَ لِي بِهِ عِلْمٌ وَإِلاَّ تَغْفِرْ لِي وَتَرْحَمْنِي أَكُنْ مِنْ الْخَاسِرِينَ



"My Lord! Cause me to land at a blessed landing-place, for You are the Best of those who bring to land." [23:29]

رَبِّ أَنزِلْنِي مُنْزَلاً مُبَارَكًا وَأَنْتَ خَيْرُ الْمُنزِلِينَ



"There is no god but Thou: Glory to Thee: I was indeed wrong!"[21:87]



لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنْ الظَّالِمِينَ



Prophet Ibrahim [pbuh]



"Our Lord! In You (Alone) we put our trust, and to You (Alone) we turn in repentance, and to You (Alone) is (our) final Return" [60:4]



رَبَّنَا لاَ تَجْعَلْنَا فِتْنَةً لِلَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا وَاغْفِرْ لَنَا رَبَّنَا إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ الْعَزِيزُ الْحَكِيمُ



"O my Lord! Bestow wisdom on me, and join me with the righteous" [26:83]



رَبِّ هَبْ لِي حُكْمًا وَأَلْحِقْنِي بِالصَّالِحِينَ



"Grant me honourable mention on the tongue of truth among the latest (generations)" [26:84]



وَاجْعَلْ لِي لِسَانَ صِدْقٍ فِي الآخِرِينَ



"Make me one of the inheritors of the Garden of Bliss" [26:85]



وَاجْعَلْنِي مِنْ وَرَثَةِ جَنَّةِ النَّعِيمِ



"And disgrace me not on the Day when (all the creatures) will be resurrected" [26:87]



وَلاَ تُخْزِنِي يَوْمَ يُبْعَثُونَ



"The Day whereon neither wealth nor sons will avail, but only he (will prosper) that brings to Allah a sound heart" [26:88-89]

يَوْمَ لاَ يَنْفَعُ مَالٌ وَلاَ بَنُونَ . إِلاَّ مَنْ أَتَى اللَّهَ بِقَلْبٍ سَلِيمٍ



"I will go to my Lord! He will surely guide me!" [37:99]



إِنِّي ذَاهِبٌ إِلَى رَبِّي سَيَهْدِينِ



"My Lord! Grant me (offspring) from the righteous." [37:100]



رَبِّ هَبْ لِي مِنْ الصَّالِحِينَ



"Our Lord! Accept (this service) from us. Verily! You are the All-Hearer, the All-Knower."[ 2:127]

رَبَّنَا تَقَبَّلْ مِنَّا إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ السَّمِيعُ الْعَلِيمُ



"Our Lord! Make of us Muslims bowing to Thy (Will) and of our progeny a people Muslim bowing to Thy (Will) and show us our places for the celebration of (due) rites; and turn unto us (in Mercy); for Thou art the Oft-Returning Most-Merciful." [2:128]



رَبَّنَا وَاجْعَلْنَا مُسْلِمَيْنِ لَكَ وَمِنْ ذُرِّيَّتِنَا أُمَّةً مُسْلِمَةً لَكَ وَأَرِنَا مَنَاسِكَنَا وَتُبْ عَلَيْنَا إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ التَّوَّابُ الرَّحِيمُ



"O my Lord! Make me one who performs As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât), and (also) from my offspring, our Lord! And accept my invocation." [14:40]



رَبِّ اجْعَلْنِي مُقِيمَ الصَّلاَةِ وَمِنْ ذُرِّيَّتِي رَبَّنَا وَتَقَبَّلْ دُعَاءِ



"Our Lord! Forgive me and my parents, and (all) the believers on the Day when the reckoning will be established." [14:41]

رَبَّنَا اغْفِرْ لِي وَلِوَالِدَيَّ وَلِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ يَوْمَ يَقُومُ الْحِسَابُ





Prophet Lut [pbuh]



"My Lord! Save me and my family from what they do." [26:169]



رَبِّ نَجِّنِي وَأَهْلِي مِمَّا يَعْمَلُونَ



Prophet Ayyub [pbuh]



"Verily, distress has seized me, and You are the Most Merciful of all those who show mercy."[21:83]



أَنِّي مَسَّنِي الضُّرُّ وَأَنْتَ أَرْحَمُ الرَّاحِمِينَ



"The Evil One has afflicted me with distress and suffering"![38:41]



أَنِّي مَسَّنِي الشَّيْطَانُ بِنُصْبٍ وَعَذَابٍ





Prophet Yusuf [pbuh]



"My Lord!, the Creator of the heavens and the earth! You are my Walî (Protector, Helper, Supporter, Guardian, God, Lord.) in this world and in the Hereafter. Cause me to die as a Muslim (the one submitting to Your Will), and join me with the righteous" [12:101]



رَبِّ فَاطِرَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ أَنْتَ وَلِيِّ فِي الدُّنْيَا وَالآخِرَةِ تَوَفَّنِي مُسْلِمًا وَأَلْحِقْنِي بِالصَّالِحِينَ



Prophet Musa [pbuh]



"O my Lord! Expand me my breast; Ease my task for me; And remove the impediment from my speech.So they may understand what I say" [20:25-28]



رَبِّ اشْرَحْ لِي صَدْرِي وَيَسِّرْ لِي أَمْرِي وَاحْلُلْ عُقْدَةً مِنْ لِسَانِي
يَفْقَهُوا قَوْلِي



"I take Allâh's Refuge from being among Al-Jâhilûn (the ignorants or the foolish)." [02:67]



أَعُوذُ بِاللَّهِ أَنْ أَكُونَ مِنْ الْجَاهِلِين



Followers of Prophet Musa [pbuh]



"Our Lord! pour out on us patience, and cause us to die as Muslims." [07:126]



رَبَّنَا أَفْرِغْ عَلَيْنَا صَبْرًا وَتَوَفَّنَا مُسْلِمِينَ



“In Allah we have placed our trust: Our Lord, do not make us a victim of the unjust people" [10:85]



عَلَى اللَّهِ تَوَكَّلْنَا رَبَّنَا لاَ تَجْعَلْنَا فِتْنَةً لِلْقَوْمِ الظَّالِمِينَ



"And save us, through Your mercy, from the disbelieving people." [10:86]



وَنَجِّنَا بِرَحْمَتِكَ مِنْ الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ



Wife of Fir'aun



"My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir'aun (Pharaoh) and his work, and save me from the people who are Zâlimûn (polytheists, wrong-doers and disbelievers in Allâh)" [66:11]



رَبِّ ابْنِ لِي عِنْدَكَ بَيْتًا فِي الْجَنَّةِ وَنَجِّنِي مِنْ فِرْعَوْنَ وَعَمَلِهِ وَنَجِّنِي مِنْ الْقَوْمِ الظَّالِمِينَ





Prophet Sulaiman [pbuh]


"My Lord! Grant me the power and ability that I may be grateful for Your Favours which You have bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may do righteous good deeds that will please You, and admit me by Your Mercy among Your righteous slaves."[27:19]



رَبِّ أَوْزِعْنِي أَنْ أَشْكُرَ نِعْمَتَكَ الَّتِي أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيَّ وَعَلَى وَالِدَيَّ وَأَنْ أَعْمَلَ صَالِحًا تَرْضَاهُ وَأَدْخِلْنِي بِرَحْمَتِكَ فِي عِبَادِكَ الصَّالِحِينَ



Prophet Zakariyya [pbuh]



"O my Lord! Grant me from You, a good offspring. You are indeed the All-Hearer of invocation."[3:38]



رَبِّ هَبْ لِي مِنْ لَدُنْكَ ذُرِّيَّةً طَيِّبَةً إِنَّكَ سَمِيعُ الدُّعَاءِ



"O My Lord! Leave me not single (childless), though You are the Best of the inheritors."[21:89]



رَبِّ لاَ تَذَرْنِي فَرْدًا وَأَنْتَ خَيْرُ الْوَارِثِينَ



People of the Cave



"Our Lord! Bestow on us mercy from Yourself, and facilitate for us our affair in the right way!"[18:10]



رَبَّنَا آتِنَا مِنْ لَدُنْكَ رَحْمَةً وَهَيِّئْ لَنَا مِنْ أَمْرِنَا رَشَدًا



Prayer of the Husband and Wife



"If You give us a Sâlih (good in every aspect) child, we shall indeed be among the grateful."[07:189]

لَئِنْ آتَيْتَنَا صَالِحًا لَنَكُونَنَّ مِنْ الشَّاكِرِينَ

No comments:

Post a Comment